Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sister

Dear Briana,

Your sister is turning one in the coming weeks. It's so strange how quickly time has elapsed. Just yesterday it seems I was highly anticipating her birth, and here we are today planning her first birthday party.

Avalyn is getting her first teeth, learning to walk and sounding out her first words. This all in the last few weeks. Every morning she greets daddy and I with a wave and a loud 'Hi'. She is so sweet.

We don't yet know what we're doing for her first birthday, but whatever we do, I am sure she will be extremely thrilled, as long as her cousins are there.

Oh, and how much I wish you were here. I say it all the time because you are always on my mind. Without your sister, I am sure I wouldn't have made it this far.

When Avalyn is showing off in front of her cousins and digging into her first birthday cake, I will be thinking of you. As always.

Mommy

No comments: