Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hugs & Kisses XOXO



This morning four years ago, we were mourning Briana's loss with incredible pain and disbelief. Today, we still mourn. Her life was so short and much of my memories of her can flash before my eyes in an instant. Losing her has forced me to realize the delicateness of life, and the complete and utter sadness of the finality in death. My head starts buzzing with confusion and I ask myself what the purpose of all of this really is? The purpose of our creation, and of life here, when Heaven is momentously better. Sometimes life doesn't seem worth living when you're being plundered by grief and torment. And it's all around us, in ever nook and cranny, spread across the globe. It's hard enough to see it hit others but when it hits you, it's like nothing else.

Life can be, and is ultimately, very sweet, even with its twists and turns. Life is about opportunity...the opportunity to obtain life-long relationships, to experience love, to touch a life, to laugh, to share, to grow, to make a difference. Life is worth sticking it out through the terrible times, really. Just when your world is tumbling in on you, it's nearly impossible to see opportunity. All that is seen is opportunity lost....gone in the blink of an eye.

Today I still remind myself of why life is so worth living. When I feel paralyzed by guilt and fear, I look at Avalyn and am quickly reminded. She is why life is still good...and all of the people I know and love.







No comments: