Friday, October 10, 2008

So this is what it's like


Avalyn Joy was born on September 29th at 9:21am. She came out kicking and hollering, music to mine and Brian's ears. She weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and her length measured 20 1/2". We spent 3 nights at the hospital getting to know our new little bundle...it was almost like a vacation, but even better. I told Brian the day after having her that I feel like a new person, and I meant exactly that. I actually feel alive again and am treasuring each moment of this new life. Avalyn is such a sweet, happy baby. Some of her feautures remind me of her sister's, but yet she is so completely different. I remember hoping during my pregnancy, that Avalyn would be just like her sister...that she would look like her, act like her, smile like her....that she would be her all over again. She's most definitely not. Still, she brings a smile to my face and memories of Briana are all-consuming. So different, yet so much the same. So this is what it's like to live again...to be a mommy all over again. I am so happy...finally. I will always miss my Briana, but Avalyn has brought me new life. I owe her so much for that.

No comments: