Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Dear Briana,

Today is Mother's Day. I can't help but think back two years ago to the Mother's Day I shared with you. I don't remember exactly what we did that day, but I am very sure that it was special, just because it was spent with you. How much I wish I could remember that day, but for some reason it just is a blur to me.

Today is another Mother's Day...you're not here to share it with, but I can feel you in my heart...your presence I can always find there. This year I am a mother of two, unbelievable. Your sister scribble signed a card that daddy made for me; he had it placed next to the breakfast he made for me when I woke up this morning. It was a very sweet little card and I had no idea your daddy knew how to make something like that. He actually went on the computer and searched for a Mother's Day card! He's learning something new every day...

Yesterday daddy and Avalyn took me to brunch in Sarasota. We took Avalyn down to the beach where she took a quick dip in the ocean and then we went shopping. It was a nice afternoon together. Today your Aunt Lisa and I will be making dinner for Grandma. Not just any dinner either, a special one for Mother's Day to your grandma.

I wish you were here.

I love you.

No comments: