Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Would You

I watch your sister and wonder
Would you?
Tears well up in my tired eyes
I try to stay strong, your sis looks on
Says, 'Mommy, up!'
Would you?
I wrap my aching arms around her
She points up, to my sadness
Says, 'Mommy, eyes'
Would you?
I can't fail, I break a smile
She looks on intently
And gladly lights up my day with her smile
Would you?


I was laying your sister down for her nap, pressing my face against her warm hair. I watched her as she fought to keep her eyes open, fighting the enemy called sleep. She would hate to miss anything. Finally, she gave up and dozed off. And I wondered would you had been the same? Such a feisty, energetic little thing...she is, your sister. My vocabulary when I think of you includes a lot of would of's, should of's and could of's. There's nothing worse than having to remember with so much remorse. Makes it hurt to remember.

Still I think about you all of the time. I wish somehow you knew. I love you somuch.

As always, Mommy

No comments: