Friday, July 9, 2010

Fourth of July

Dearest Briana

As Avalyn celebrated her second Independence Day, I thought about you.

I remember you in your cute little fiery red, white, and blue outfit with your crochet headband adorned with a ribbon "firecracker". I remember meeting your Aunt Lisa at the mall early that day. We were sitting centered in the mall and everybody walked by and admired your beauty. How proud I was to hold you, to be your mom.


Later that day, we went to Aunt Lisa's for a barbecue. It was a short night, as you had to get home to sleep, and you didn't see any fireworks, but you got to spend time with those who love you so much.

I see these pictures of you that day and think of how beautiful you were that Independence Day. I also feel the pain of losing you; you left 8 days later.

I miss you so much. You are consistently on my mind and very alive in my heart.


As Always,
Mommy

No comments: