Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ava saves me when I'm feeling blue


Tonight hasn't been a good night. Remembering my far too few days spent with Briana while looking at all of her pictures has left me feeling numb and overwhelmingly sad. How much I miss her cannot and will not be expressed through words. To Brian and I, Briana is the most beautiful thing that has ever touched this earth and our tears and sadness can never measure the impact she has had on our lives. We miss her deeply and long for her with every breath.

Brian and I tip-toed into sleeping Ava's room after sharing many tears; knowing that every bout with sadness must end with a shred of hope - some happiness. Watching Avalyn as she slept gave us strength and confirmed our purpose. She slept quietly and soundly until I whispered to her, "Ava, I love you".
She twisted and turned, and with a sigh, responded,

"I love you, mommy."

The sweetest thing I have ever heard. How can I ever thank her?




No comments: