Friday, March 27, 2009

Briana's Birthday



Today is sweet Briana's birthday. I don't know what to do. A part of me wants to start some sort of tradition for her birthday's - maybe some kind of a family get together in remembrance of her...kind of a celebration, kinda not. I just don't want people to forget. She may not be here but she was...once. She was born on this day two years ago, the happiest day of my life. I can remember it like it was only yesterday...seeing her for the first time and holding her so tight against my body.


When I think back to our days spent in the hospital, it was like a vacation to me, it was so surreal, so beautiful..those days. Those days, like every other, just passed by so quickly. How much I wish I could have captured them and stored them away, able to relive them piece by piece whenever I please. Instead I have bits and pieces engraved in my memory and today they are all flashing before my eyes. One of the most poignant - seeing Brian holding baby Briana in the nursery through the glass as I was wheeled from the recovery room to our room in the mothers & babys ward. He was so happy, his precious legacy wrapped up tightly in his arms. My mother looking in full of excitement....what beautiful memories. How much I miss those days.




Today will always be Briana's birthday. Please don't ever forget! Remember her in whichever way you choose...write a poem, look at some photos, bake a cake, give to someone in need, hold and kiss your children extra tenderly this day....




Briana, I love and miss you so much. I yell out to you 'Happy Birthday, Briana!'...how I wish I could know if you hear me. Today will always be such a special day to me...two years ago, today, mommy was blessed with the most wonderful gift ever...you! You warmed my heart and my soul, filled this home with laughter and love, you made me so happy...your legacy will live on forever. I am embracing you in my mind and deep within the walls of my heart...I am holding you ever so close...always!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Briana will always be remembered ... and today will always be her day. Morgan's birthday was also bittersweet ... I miss her so very much. But then I look at Mattie & realize what a blessing God has given us. It's hard ... but I think you've got the right perspective on it. I bet Morgan & Briana had their own birthday parties in heaven ... best birthday they could ever have. Big hugs to you today Mama. Know you're thought of & loved.

Elegant Events said...

Happy birthday Angel Briana!

Sandy, Briana will never be forgotten!
And I do think you should celebrate the birth of your first born!
I would have birthday cake!

Lots of love! You & Brian & Avalyn & Briana are thought of often by me, and lots of the other Babyfit moms!

HUGS!
Natasha
Nats_Irish_Eyes

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Angel Briana! You will always be remembered. Your life on earth was cut too short, but you have touched so many lives that you will never be forgotten. Much love to your family as they celebrate this special day!

atom said...

Two years ago March 27th I woke up very early.I just couldn't wait for your phone call. So I got ready and went to the hospital and ran down the halls. The first thing that I saw was Brian and Briana in a rocking chair.All safe and proud behind the glass.When he looked up and saw me his eyes shined like glass.So tired and happy sitting there looking at his first born little lass.Then just at that moment out you came from the recovery room.So exhausted,but you still smiled at me.We looked through the window at your new family.Then you had to go to your room. Brian, Briana and I soon followed you.There was just us four.I got to see it all, those special first moments that are just priceless.I didn't know then that it was to become such a treasured memory. A moment of such great importance and I got to witness it all.I have played that day over again and again in my head.Watching the three of you together was such a beautiful thing.What a perfect day March 27, 2007!